Setting up Synergy Client Mac OS X

So I just got a new macbook at work to replace my windows laptop. I was using synergy client on my windows laptop to share my keyboard and mouse with my Linux box. I did a bunch of searching and patched together a way to start synergyc client on the login screen and also when I login to my desktop. You have to setup a Launchd plist for synergy.
I looked at this post for a starting point.
http://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=5021604
Then
http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn2005/tn2083.html
and Then
http://developer.apple.com/samplecode/PreLoginAgents/index.html

Below is the launchd plist file. Change the hostname and host identifier in the command line.

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>KeepAlive</key>
<true>
<key>Label</key>
<string>net.sourceforge.synergy2</string>
<key>LimitLoadToSessionType</key>
<array>
<string>LoginWindow</string>
<string>Aqua</string>
</array>
<key>ProgramArguments</key>
<array>
<string>/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/synergyc</string>
<string>-f</string>
<string>--name</string>
<string>macbook</string>
<string>linux.desktop</string>
</array>
<key>OnDemand</key>
</false>
</dict>
</plist>

make sure you do the following.
sudo mkdir -p /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools
sudo chown root:wheel /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools
sudo cp synergyc /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/
sudo chown root:wheel /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/synergyc
cp the above plist to /Library/LaunchAgents
sudo chown root:wheel the plist file.
sudo chmod 755 the plist file.

Then reboot and enjoy.

Comments

Simply not working on Yosemite 10.10.3. Any ideas?

My Plist is as follows



KeepAlive

Label
ca.dawning.scripts.osx.synergy.loginwindow
LimitLoadToSessionType

LoginWindow

ProgramArguments

/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/synergyc
-f
-n
Renato-Filho-Macbook-Pro.local
-d
INFO
192.168.0.3

RunAtLoad

OnDemand


meeksdoteric said…
Need help getting synergy to run on boot *before* login. OS X 10.11.6. Any help would be much appreciated.
Travis Smith said…

It's hard to come by experienced people on this topic, however, you seem like you know what you're talking about! Thanks craigslist inland empire